Join LCC for RAGBRAI XLV – July 22-29 2017
Welcome to the Lake Country Cyclists Charter! We invite you to join us for the 45th annual ride. Our Charter staff has several years of experience, and our #1 goal is to make the week as enjoyable as possible for you! We offer a variety of services as well as some new 2017 updates to improve your experience. Please read below!
What We Offer
LCC provides services in both a packaged deal and customizable a la carte styles to fit your needs.
- Transportation for you, your bike, and luggage from Ankeny or Des Moines to Orange City and back from Lansing.
- Luggage transportation to each overnight town throughout the week.
- Reserved camping grounds in each overnight town.
- *New* Luxury Tent Service.
- Basic Tent Service.
- Portable showers (where allowed) – bring your own sun shower bag.
- Massage Therapy.
- Charging station for electronic devices.
- *New* Rider Referral Program.
- And plenty of RAGBRAI knowledge!
Charter Services – What’s New
Luxury Tent Service – This is the VIP & red carpet rolled into one! This will allow you spend more time enjoying the route and taking in the scenes of Iowa then roll into town care free.
- We will provide both your tent and air mattress (max 2 per tent).
- We will set up AND tear down your tent in each town.
- We will locate and place your bags inside your tent, awaiting your arrival.
- See cost on application form. This feature is in addition to the Basic Charter Service.
Rider Referral Program – This new perk will allow you to ride with your friends, and save some money at the same time!
- For each NEW rider an existing rider refers to the group for the full charter service you will receive 10% off your overall cost.
- The key here is that the new rider has not previously ridden with the LCC Charter. We want to grow the network, and have new faces join the great LCC family!
- When you submit your application just let us know which new rider you are referring.
- Once we receive that person’s application and payment you will receive your discount.
First Things First
You will need to register for the ride through RAGBRAI at http://ragbrai.com/registration/ before April 1.
As a Charter we are unable to reserve wristbands for our riders per RAGBRAI rules. Lottery results will be posted on May 1. At that time we ask if you could please email us your wristband numbers.
Basic Charter Service: As stated above, we will provide you and your bike transportation to and from Ankeny or Des Moines to the start and end sites. Your luggage will be transported to and unloaded in each overnight town where we will have a reserved campground.
Transportation Only: Outside of our basic Charter Service we do also offer Transportation Only from Ankeny to the start site and/or back home from the end. This is dependent upon available space on the busses.
Luggage Only: We can also accommodate just your luggage if you have secured your own ride to and from the start and end sites. We will carry your luggage to each overnight town and unload. This can be paid on a full week or daily basis as needed.
Basic Tent Service: We will still offer our Basic Tent setup option. You will provide your own tent and we will set it up in each town, but you will be responsible for tearing it down the next morning.
Each rider is limited to two pieces of luggage. Please keep the weight to 25 lbs/bag for the sake of the staff’s backs. ☺
LCC promotes safe cycling as a top priority. We require that all riders involved with our charter wear a helmet, follow the rules and laws that pertain to a cyclist on public roads, and no draft lines. Thanks for your cooperation.
A Lake Country Cyclist Club Membership is NOT required to us the LCC Charter Service.
Questions:? Contact the LCC RAGBRAI Coordinators
Justin Eastman – (515)729-2970
Jake Simons – (515)201-9812
Email – LCCragbrai@gmail.com